Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nauvoo was amazing and so beautiful, I am so glad we went. I wrote about Winter Quarters but then not about Nauvoo. I absolutely loved Nauvoo, I am ready to move there. We visited so many important places in church history, it is wonderful to be able to have an image now of all the places I have been studying about my entire life. I especially loved the feeling knowing that I was walking in the places that the Prophet Joseph walked. It also gave me a much stronger connection to my pioneer ancestors. I have always felt connected and close to my Dittmar ancestors but I have never really had that same feeling with my Brugger ancestors. But that completely changed during this trip. I especially felt it during the session I did in the Nauvoo temple, it was an incredible witness to me of the sacrifices and decisions they made for the gospel and how it blesses me today.






1 comment:

Tina said...

Nauvoo was sooo much fun! I really liked the walks we took with just us, like this one in the picture. I love you!