Sunday, February 7, 2010

I don't know how many of you are familiar with President Hinckley's book Stand A Little Taller. It has a scripture and a quote from him for each day of the year. I don't look at it very often but I love it when I do because it alway seems to have the exact right thing.

This is from Feb 4. The scripture is:
"Do all things... that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."
Philippians 2:14-15

I loved it. The quote to go along with it is about being your best self, that we become like a polar star to those around us. I have been so used to working in the temple, that I am almost experiencing a bit of a culture shock with my new job. It can be discouraging to be in today's world, there are so many lost people. But I can be an example. I thought it was very encouraging and hopeful.

No comments: