"Charity is a gift from God. The prophet Mormon said that we should 'pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that we may be filled with this love' (Moroni 7:48). As you follow this counsel and strive to do righteous works, your love for all people will increase... You will avoid judging others, criticizing them, or saying negative things about them. You will try to understand them and their points of view. You will be patient with them and try to help them..."
Preach My Gospel Ch. 6 Charity
I love Preach My Gospel, for me it always provides immediate answers. People make such bad decisions and are so selfish and so critical of others. But I know that as I pray for charity, I won't have such negative feelings for these people, even though they are not going to change. Even when they infringe on my rights and beliefs, I can feel comfort and peace as I pray for charity for all people.
"Charity is 'the pure love of Christ'. It includes God's eternal love for all His children. We are to seek to develop that kind of love. When you are filled with charity, you obey God's commandments and do all you can to serve other and help them receive the restored gospel."
This is exactly what I needed tonight. Think about it, pray about it. Charity is everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment