this is my list of 15 books. i really did it as fast as i could, the only thing i was frustrated with is that i read books in clusters i think, so it was hard to have variety.
1. Book of Mormon
2. Jesus the Christ
3. Our Heritage
4. Our Search for Happiness
5. Jubilee Trail
6. Celia Garth
7. Calico Palace
8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (currently reading)
9. Cherry Ames (last week i read cruise nurse in preparation for my cruise, haha)
10. Little House on the Prairie
11. Anne of Green Gables
12. Bendigo Shafter
13. Reilly's Luck (also still reading)
14. Work and the Glory
15. Fire of the Covenant
i can easily recommend every single book on this list. except for my newest favorites, anne of green gables and louis l'amour, i have read everything on this list several times. i have by far lost count of how many times i've read jubilee trail and celia garth, probably more than 10. i read a tree grows in brooklyn a lot too, it is one of those books that i really identify with. besides even thinking about grandma when i read it, it's more than that, i just love it.
3 comments:
An Alaskan cruise is the best ever! I don't know what Cruise Line you're going with (Carl and I went with Princess), but you MUST do the excursions. They are the best part. And if you can go whale watching DO IT!!!! I'm serious. Our cruise was one of the best times of our lives - and we can't wait to go back with the kids! Oh, and if you go through Glacier Bay keep your camera out. That's where we saw baby sea lions and sea otters and whales, and it was just so cool. You should e-mail if you have any questions - and I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!
Like Heidi and Pam's lists - I have read everything on your list many times. Interesting how our family's are just extensions of each other and how we love the same things. I will go so far as to say that anything by Gwen Bristow is excellent. I just wish she wasn't so hard to find. Jubilee Trail and Calico Palace were always my favorite but Celia Garth was right up there. Then I started reading Victoria Holt novels. I found an author that was readily available that was just as good as Gwen Bristow!
I absolutely love Gwen Bristow. I can't even count how many times I've read her books. Also you are so so so lucky you get to go on a cruise!!! You are going to have so much fun, plus your new dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love you!!!
Post a Comment